This Sunday morning’s sermon was a sermon on James 3 the tongue. In Pilgrim’s Progress, John Bunyan describes his character Talkative as “a saint abroad and a devil at home.” Does that describe you?
A Sermon on James 3 the Tongue
The misuse of the tongue is spiritual arson. A loose tongue affects others and hurts us too.
What is in your Heart Comes Out through your Mouth
Your tongue betrays what is really in your heart. The tongue that blesses God but curses people is spiritually unfit. James calls on all of us to be consistent people.
Allow the Holy Spirit to Control What You Say
How? By allowing the Holy Spirit to control your tongue.
If you found this podcast sermon on James 3 the tongue helpful, would you please do something for me?
Why not check out these posts from around the blog?
- Salvation Army Soldier’s Covenant as a Missional Strategy
- Choose Joy, not Resentment
- Resolving Not to React (Ephesians 4)
- Living as Fed People (Ephesians 5:15-20)
- Jesus Meets Needs | Hunger is Satisfied by Jesus (John 6)
- We Believe | God’s Best China (1 Peter 1)
– Do something as a result of what you’ve listened to.
– Leave a comment below.
– Repost this link on Twitter, Facebook, or your own blog.
Liked this post? Why not Subscribe & Connect or click the RSS feed in Sidebar on the right and get loads more!