It’s Your Call!
In this Salvation Army call to arms, we are reminded the word Salvationist is not a noun. It’s a verb. It describes what we do.
An Active Faith
The whole of Scripture emphasises an active faith.
At first glance, Paul’s words seem right up The Salvation Army’s street! After all, we were born to fight. But here, the phrase “fight the good fight of faith” is not a military metaphor. It’s an athletics metaphor.
Paul’s Active Verbs
Paul tells Timothy to shun evil things. He encourages us to follow hard after godly character. He says we must take hold of the eternal life that Jesus has already given and promised us.
A Salvation Army Call to Arms
This Salvation Army call to arms reminds us the life of a Salvationist is a call to action. And it is strengthened by doing something. You know what you believe. That faith must lead to action.
If you found this Salvation Army call to arms podcast helpful, would you please do something for me?
Why not check out these posts from around the blog?
- Salvation Army Soldier’s Covenant as a Missional Strategy
- Self Denial: The Salvationist’s Most Effective Weapon
- Salvation Army Soldiership: A Radical Lifestyle
- Building Each Other Up
- We Believe | God’s Best China (1 Peter 1)
- Bible Message Podcast | Listening in Weakness (Revelation 3:7-13) – Major Mike Lloyd-Jones
– Do something as a result of what you’ve listened to.
– Leave a comment below.
– Repost this link on Twitter, Facebook, or your own blog.
Liked this post? Why not Subscribe & Connect or click the RSS feed in Sidebar on the right and get loads more!