In this sermon for the second Sunday in Advent, Clearing Up for Christmas, we ask if our lives may need cleaning before Christmas.
Messy and Dirty Lives
God is good and pure. When we forget him, or when we disobey him, our lives become messy and dirty.
God Promises to Purify His People
God promises to purify the Jewish nation, especially the priests, and bring swift judgment on the sinners who were arrogantly disobeying him.
God could see the mess and the dirt in Israel’s lives. God’s washing of Israel’s dirt and mess, his refining of them by fire, was the only thing that would make their worship acceptable to him.
Can People see God’s Image in You?
Will you let the beauty of Jesus be seen in you? Will you submit your life for washing and refining if you see mess and dirt in it?
If you found this podcast sermon for the second Sunday in Advent helpful, would you please do something for me?
Why not check out these posts from around the blog?
- Spiritually Fruitful? Stay Connected
- Fathers’ Day | A Father’s Expectations (Luke 2)
- The Important Ministry of Interruptions
- We Believe | The Best Bible Translation (2 Timothy 3)
- Do something as a result of what you’ve listened to.
- Leave a comment below.
- Repost this link on Twitter, Facebook, or your own blog.
Liked this post? Why not Subscribe & Connect or click the RSS feed in Sidebar on the right and get loads more!