In this sermon about Philemon, we are reminded our community shapes the way we live.
Your family, friends, clubs and neighbourhoods all helped shape and form who you are today.
A Partnership of Love
Partnership includes the true outworking of Christian love in the body of Christ. We belong to each other – we rejoice with each other, and we weep with each other.
Paul says to Philemon, if you consider me your partner you will need to include Onesimus in the same way. Philemon’s attitude to his former runaway slave would have to be the same attitude he had towards Paul.
The Church Community Reflects Christ in the World
The community of Christ forms and shapes us in ways that means we reflect Christ in the world by practising forgiveness and redemption.
If you found this podcast sermon about Philemon helpful, would you please do something for me?
Why not check out these posts from around the blog?
- We Believe | What Does God Look Like? (Colossians 1)
- Choose Joy, not Resentment
- Hark! the Resurrection has happened!
- Worshipping Wholly (Romans 12:1-2 MSG)
- Do something as a result of what you’ve listened to.
- Leave a comment below.
- Repost this link on Twitter, Facebook, or your own blog.
Liked this post? Why not Subscribe & Connect or click the RSS feed in Sidebar on the right and get loads more!