In this sermon on Mark 4 26-29, we ask is this it? Is what we experience in church life today the limit of what God has in store for us?
How do we let our Salvation Army Corps grow?
Rather than trying to build the corps in our own human strength, we should focus instead on releasing the power by which God himself grows his corps.
Only God makes it grow
We can sow and harvest, we can sleep and we can rise, but we cannot produce the fruit. Only God lets it grow. The kind of growth Jesus refers to is slow and deliberate. Jesus asks us to trust God that his Kingdom and this corps will grow.
Allowing God to work his power into the seeds we have sown
Over 138 years, we have faithfully planted some essential seeds for this corps to grow. Now we need to allow God space to work his power into each of those seeds so they will grow all by themselves.
If you found this podcast sermon on Mark 4 26-29 helpful, would you please do something for me?
Why not check out these posts from around the blog?
- Bible Message Podcast | Listening in Weakness (Revelation 3:7-13) – Major Mike Lloyd-Jones
- Jesus Meets Needs | Fed by the Bread of Life (John 6)
- Bible Message Podcast: I Want to Live Right | Who Do We Think We Are? (Mark 13:1-8)
- End of Year Review Process
- Do something as a result of what you’ve listened to.
- Leave a comment below.
- Repost this link on Twitter, Facebook, or your own blog.
Liked this post? Why not Subscribe & Connect or click the RSS feed in Sidebar on the right and get loads more!