In this sermon about James 1, we learn that our shortsightedness when it comes to our failings and weaknesses is endemic to the human condition. So how can we see our sin more clearly?
God’s Word is a Mirror
God’s Word is like a mirror. It allows self-examination. But if you only glance at yourself in God’s Word and then walk away you are deceiving yourself. James says if you look deeply into God’s Word then you cannot forget what you see about yourself.
Look Deeply into God’s Word
If you want to be the best version of yourself, then look deeply and intently into God’s Word. But that’s not enough. We have to do what God’s Word says.
If you found this podcast sermon about James 1 helpful, would you please do something for me?
Why not check out these posts from around the blog?
- Jesus Meets Needs | Fed by the Bread of Life (John 6)
- We Believe | No More Tears (Revelation 21)
- Spiritually Fruitful? Stay Connected
- Jesus Meets Needs | Shepherd and Sheep (Mark 6)
– Do something as a result of what you’ve listened to.
– Leave a comment below.
– Repost this link on Twitter, Facebook, or your own blog.
Liked this post? Why not Subscribe & Connect or click the RSS feed in Sidebar on the right and get loads more!
- I Want to Live Right | Watch Your Mouth! (James 3:1-12)
- Keeping the Main Thing the Main Thing (1 Samuel 8)
- Worshipping Wholly (Romans 12:1-2 MSG)
18 September 2018
4 June 2018
6 September 2018