On Salvation Army Vision and Commitment Sunday 2019, we ask, how can you tell who is a true Salvationist? Jesus tells us there is just one way to tell.
It’s all down to the fruit you bear
What distinguishes a true Salvationist from a fake Salvationist is the fruit they bear. And the fruit that is first and foremost in this passage is love.
In using fruit as his metaphor, Jesus is pointing us to an important truth. A branch of a tree or a grapevine doesn’t produce fruit. It bears fruit. How do we bear fruit? It is by dwelling in Jesus.
In 2019 and beyond, Love God First
If you want to be a true Salvationist, then love God first. Everything else follows naturally from dwelling in Christ.
If you found this podcast sermon on Salvation Army Vision and Commitment Sunday helpful, would you please do something for me?
Why not check out these posts from around the blog?
- Self Denial: The Salvationist’s Most Effective Weapon
- Salvation Army Soldiership: A Radical Lifestyle
- Don’t Worry … Trust God (Matthew 6:25-33)
- Bible Message Podcast: I Want to Live Right | Who Do We Think We Are? (Mark 13:1-8)
- Bible Message: Where Are You Christmas? | The Hope of Christmas (Isaiah 9:2, 6-7)
- Spiritually Fruitful? Stay Connected
- Do something as a result of what you’ve listened to.
- Leave a comment below.
- Repost this link on Twitter, Facebook, or your own blog.
Liked this post? Why not Subscribe & Connect or click the RSS feed in Sidebar on the right and get loads more!