In this sermon on The Salvation Army and social justice, we are reminded The Salvation Army’s Founders were simply reflecting God’s heart for poor.
A Gospel of Action
They were stirred up by by the poverty and injustice they saw around them. They realised that if the gospel was to have any effect on the poor of their time, then it needed to be backed up with actions.
The Salvation Army and Social Justice
Fighting for justice for poor was Jesus’ mission, the reason he came to earth. If social action was Jesus’ fight, then it’s ours too. Jesus’ mission is now The Salvation Army’s mission.
Will You Take Action?
You can take action against some of the current UK policies that are forcing people into destitution. Follow the link: http://www.jointpublicissues.org.uk/action/#TakeAction
If you found this podcast sermon on The Salvation Army and social justice helpful, would you please do something for me?
Why not check out these posts from around the blog?
- Salvation Army Soldiership: A Radical Lifestyle
- Self Denial: The Salvationist’s Most Effective Weapon
- Salvation Army Soldier’s Covenant as a Missional Strategy
- I Want to Live Right | Watch Your Mouth! (James 3:1-12)
- We Believe | It’s All Gone Pete Tong (Genesis 3)
- Social Media: The Best Use of Your Time?
- Putting the Bible into Practice
– Do something as a result of what you’ve listened to.
– Leave a comment below.
– Repost this link on Twitter, Facebook, or your own blog.
Liked this post? Why not Subscribe & Connect or click the RSS feed in Sidebar on the right and get loads more!