Living in Victory
Jesus died with a cry of victory on his lips: “It is finished!” We must live in the light of that victory. As the events of Good Friday begin to fade in the memory once more, we should remember we are ransomed, healed, restored and forgiven.
It is this fact that enables us to follow Christ‘s life example. It is Christ’s work on the cross that empowers us to share that work with the whole world. It is Jesus’ example that means we can bear our own cross by offering his sacrificial love to those around us. It is the power of the cross that helps us die to ourselves, to our own sin and shame, and to live the new life of the kingdom.
People of the Cross
The cross changes us. We become people of the cross.
Jesus’ challenge to the powers of death through the good news of life is now our vocation. We need to live our lives as People of the Cross.
How will you do that this week, and beyond?
You can listen to the podcast that relates to this post here.
If you found this post helpful, would you please do something for me?
Why not check out these posts from around the blog?
- Productivity: The Challenge of Balance
- Family: The Incredible Opportunity for Impact (1 Peter 2)
- Family: The Incredible Freedom of Flexibility (1 Peter 2)
- Fathers’ Day | A Father’s Expectations (Luke 2)
– Do something as a result of what you’ve read.
– Leave a comment below.
– Repost this link on Twitter, Facebook, or your own blog.
Liked this post? Why not Subscribe & Connect or click the RSS feed in Sidebar on the right and get loads more!