The Salvation Army was raised up to be somewhat different to the rest of the Church. Most importantly, soldiers volunteer to live by uncompromising lifestyle standards. But sometimes we lose focus and become tired of being different.
Rejecting God’s Purposes
In asking God for a king, God’s people were rejecting God’s focus for them.
A Militant and Red Hot Focus
God is calling us to focus on being militant, red hot, out on the battlefield seeking to save souls and serve suffering humanity.
If you found this post helpful, would you please do something for me?
Why not check out these posts from around the blog?
- We Believe | No More Tears (Revelation 21)
- We Believe | It’s All Gone Pete Tong (Genesis 3)
- Jesus Meets Needs | Are You Listening (Mark 6)
- We Believe | Lost But Worth Finding (John 3)
– Do something as a result of what you’ve read.
– Leave a comment below.
– Repost this link on Twitter, Facebook, or your own blog.
Liked this post? Why not Subscribe & Connect or click the RSS feed in Sidebar on the right and get loads more!
- Worshipping Wholly (Romans 12:1-2 MSG)
- Joined with God | Drawn into God’s Dance (Isaiah 6)
- What Do You Look Like? (James 1:17-27)
6 September 2018
29 May 2018
4 September 2018