Our human desire to escape our lives is as old as the Bible. Our faith intensifies our desire for it – the Bible is full of escape stories! The problem is that’s not what Jesus envisaged for us.
Sent into the World
Jesus doesn’t want us taken out of the world. Quite the opposite in fact – he sends us into the world. The place for the church is in the world, but not of it.
We are to stay in the world under protective care of God.
Do you want to be more like Christ? Then become more like Jesus: be “a friend of the riffraff”!
If you found this post helpful, would you please do something for me?
Why not check out these posts from around the blog?
- Jesus Meets Needs | Fed by the Bread of Life (John 6)
- Safeguarding the Vulnerable (Psalm 121)
- Taking the First Step of Faith (Joshua 3)
- We Believe | No More Tears (Revelation 21)
– Do something as a result of what you’ve read.
– Leave a comment below.
– Repost this link on Twitter, Facebook, or your own blog.
Liked this post? Why not Subscribe & Connect or click the RSS feed in Sidebar on the right and get loads more!