Common courtesy doesn’t seem as common as it once was. Rudeness is everywhere. Respect is hard to find.
Deciding in Love
What the Roman Christians ate was to be decided by love and sensitivity to others, rather than what they thought was right. If we’re not careful, we can become like the Pharisees of old.
Gentle respect for our fellow believers, and the unity of the church, is much more important. Paul was not saying that Christians should not speak up for what they believe in. Paul’s concern was the spirit in which such disagreements are conducted.
Each one of us is accountable to God for our behaviour and our standards. Respond politely when someone is rude to you. Remembering that love isn’t rude, that love is good manners, when someone is rude to you, respond politely and gently. So take a few moments to ask yourself: What am I doing to make my church more warm and loving?
If you found this post helpful, would you please do something for me?
Why not check out these posts from around the blog?
- Right Relationships | The Secret to a Healthy Heart (Matthew 11)
- Jesus Meets Needs | Are You Listening? (Mark 6)
- Jesus Meets Needs | Shepherd and Sheep (Mark 6)
- Surprised by Hope | What Does the Cross Mean? (John 19)
– Do something as a result of what you’ve read.
– Leave a comment below.
– Repost this link on Twitter, Facebook, or your own blog.
Liked this post? Why not Subscribe & Connect or click the RSS feed in Sidebar on the right and get loads more!