At the beginning of time there was an ideal relationship between God and humanity. Humanity was a friend of God. But after the Fall, the ideal relationship was lost, and there’s nothing we can do about it.
Jesus Christ Reconciles Us with God
But Paul reminds us of the reconciliation God has carried out between humanity and himself. Jesus Christ’s death has brought God and humanity together again. Humanity can once again be a friend of God.
You don’t have to make peace with God! He has made peace with you. But allowing ourselves to be reconciled to God is a big thing because it means naming what currently separates us from God. Confessing our sin and repentance towards God is essential to reconciliation.
A Friend of God
But once you repent you can trust God to keep promises. God will assure you, through his Holy Spirit that you are now a friend of God.
If you found this post helpful, would you please do something for me?
Why not check out these podcasts from around the blog?
- Father’s Day | A Father’s Expectations | Luke 2:41-52
- Jesus Meets Needs | Are You Listening? | Mark 6:1-13
- We Believe | The Best Bible Translation | 2 Timothy 3:10-17
- We Believe | Lost But Worth Finding | John 3:1-18
– Do something as a result of what you’ve read.
– Leave a comment below.
– Repost this link on Twitter, Facebook, or your own blog.
Liked this post? Why not Subscribe & Connect or click the RSS feed in Sidebar on the right and get loads more!