In this children’s sermon on David and Goliath, children’s ministry leader (YPSM) Gail Westwood-Payne challenges us to say yes to God’s purpose for us.
God’s special plan for David
God had a special plan for David. He was to grow from lowly shepherd boy to be the greatest king of Israel, part of God’s biggest plan for the world.
God chose David to free his people from Goliath
At this part of David’s life, his people were in trouble and needed someone to save them. God chose David to do the job. David needed to listen to God and to obey him, trusting that God would give him the power he needed.
God has a plan for us too
God has a plan for us too, and we must do the same. We must listen to what God is asking us to do, trust he will be with us, and then obey him.
If you found this podcast children’s sermon on David and Goliath helpful, would you please do something for me?
Why not check out these posts from around the blog?
- Sermon Podcast: A New Year, A New You | You Get What You See (Numbers 13:17-33)
- Bible Message: Getting Ready for Christmas | Clearing Up for Christmas (Luke 3:8-17)
- Why You Should be Planning Your Preaching
- The Important Ministry of Interruptions
- Do something as a result of what you’ve listened to.
- Leave a comment below.
- Repost this link on Twitter, Facebook, or your own blog.
Liked this post? Why not Subscribe & Connect or click the RSS feed in Sidebar on the right and get loads more!