This advent sermon on John the Baptist is probably not want you want to hear as you prepare for Christmas!
Christmas Preparation includes Repentance
But there is no getting to the baby in the manger without hearing the call to turn away from our sins.
Living Out Kingdom Values
John’s words are not finger-pointing. His exhortation is that he and the people listening all share deeper values that come from their religious tradition. He is encouraging them to discover the true values they long to live by, to be the people they know God has made them to be.
There is a consequence to living unproductive lives as God’s people.
Only God Makes Lasting Transformation
The lasting transformation John is calling us to can only be made by God. Are you prepared to ask God “What then shall I do?
If you found this podcast Advent sermon on John the Baptist helpful, would you please do something for me?
Why not check out these posts from around the blog?
- Don’t Worry … Trust God (Matthew 6:25-33)
- Worship is … Obedience to God
- New Life in Jesus (Matthew 28)
- We Believe | A Voice for the Voiceless (Proverbs 31:1-9)
- Do something as a result of what you’ve listened to.
- Leave a comment below.
- Repost this link on Twitter, Facebook, or your own blog.
Liked this post? Why not Subscribe & Connect or click the RSS feed in Sidebar on the right and get loads more!