If you believe the reports, it is notoriously difficult to keep New Year’s resolutions. Here are 8 New Year’s Resolutions that are easy to keep.
Happy New Year! We may be a couple of weeks into the New Year, but it’s not too late to adopt some easy New Year’s Resolutions.
Here are 8 New Year’s Resolutions that are easy to keep
- I will talk to God more this year.
- I will pause for at least one minute between each activity in my day.
- I will do some form of exercise or physical activity every day. Top tip: Get a dog!
- I will open my Bible every day.
- I will smile more.
- I will tidy my desk (or, if you are blessed enough not to have one, perhaps a drawer or wardrobe).
- I will pay sole attention to the person who is talking to me.
- I will remind myself of three things I am grateful for every day.
Not Life Changing
I appreciate this list isn’t life changing. Though since reports tell us we find it difficult to keep New Year’s resolutions, perhaps this list of New Year’s resolutions that are easy to keep might just change our lives if we could keep them! So what do you think? Don’t worry about keeping all of them. Just choose two or three. Or use the list to come up with your own.
Form a Habit
The key is to stick with a few New Year’s resolutions that are easy to keep until they become a habit. Research suggests this will take at least sixty-six days. It’s then that positive change actually begins to stick.
It’s never too late to make a fresh start. Why not start today?
If you found this post helpful, would you please do something for me?
Why not check out these posts from around the blog?
- How to Evaluate Church Leadership
- Prioritising Before God
- Busy Pastor, Pace Yourself
- Evangelism: Speak Up!
- Do something as a result of what you’ve read.
- Leave a comment below.
- Repost this link on Twitter, Facebook, or your own blog.
Liked this post? Why not Subscribe & Connect or click the RSS feed in Sidebar on the right and get loads more!